Andrew Hinton is the author of “Understanding Context: Environment, Language, and Information Architecture.” In his day job he works as Senior Digital Experience Architect at State Farm’s UX Center of Excellence in Atlanta, and previously served as a senior consultant at The Understanding Group.
Andrew is a co-founding member of the Information Architecture Institute, and has worked for twenty-odd-years helping organizations using information to make better places for humans.
IA Summit talks
- Architecture for Aliens: Using IA for Smarter Things (IA Summit 2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Context Walk: Learning How Context Works in the World Around Us (IA Summit 2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Language is Infrastructure (IA Summit 2014 Main Conference Talk)
- The World is a Screen: Elements of Information Environments (IA Summit 2013 Main Conference Talk)
- More Than a Metaphor: Making Places with Information (IA Summit 2011 Main Conference Talk)
- The Engagement Experience – Examining Meeting Design, Personality Management, and Project Culture (IA Summit 2011 Pre-Conference Workshop)
- IA Institute Workshop “Beyond Findability: IA Practice & Strategy for the New Web” (IA Summit 2010 Pre-Conference Workshop)