Andy Fitzgerald is an independent digital experience designer with applied expertise in design research, information architecture, interaction design, and prototyping. He works with organizations of all sizes to create elegant solutions to complex problems and engage in purpose-driven work that produces practical results.
Prior to forming his own consultancy, Andy held design and director positions with Frog Design and Deloitte Digital where he tackled the problem of effective communication in complex information spaces for a wide range of client organizations in healthcare, education, financial services, retail, entertainment, and transportation.
Andy is an active member of the IA and experience design community and has given talks and workshops at Taxonomy Bootcamp, UX London, HOW Interactive, Google Dev Fest, Convey UX, AIGA Into the Woods, and Information Architecture Summits all over the world.
IA Summit talks
- Desiring Ecologies: Meaning-Making in the Network Wilderness (IA Summit 2015 Main Conference Talk)
- Language Arts for the Lizard Brain: Vocabulary Design for the Predictably Irrational (IA Summit 2017 Main Conference Talk)
- Responsive Information Architectures (IA Summit 2014 Main Conference Talk)
- Taxonomy for App Makers (IA Summit 2013 Main Conference Talk)
- Prototyping Information Architecture (IA Summit 2018 Main Conference Talk)