Jorge Arango is an information architect with over 20 years of experience designing digital products and services. He is a partner in Futuredraft, a digital product and system design consultancy based in Oakland, CA. He has designed information environments for all types of organizations, ranging from developing world non-profits to Fortune 500 corporations.
Jorge is a frequent speaker at global UX conferences. He is the co-author of Information Architecture for the Web and Beyond, the fourth edition of O’Reilly’s celebrated “polar bear” book. He has also served the global UX community as president and director of the Information Architecture Institute and as thematic director of the first World IA Day.
As a designer, Jorge aims to produce information environments that help people understand and interact with their world more effectively. He is influenced by his background in architecture, which he is passionate about.
IA Summit talks
- Lands, Hubs, and Wienies: Placemaking Lessons From the Magic Kingdom (IA Summit 2016 Main Conference Talk)
- …For Everybody (IA Summit 2015 Keynote)
- Give a hoot! Mapping (and caring for) the semantic environment (IA Summit 2014 Main Conference Talk)
- Links, Nodes, and Order: A Unified Theory of IA (IA Summit 2013 Main Conference Talk)
- More Than a Metaphor: Making Places with Information (IA Summit 2011 Main Conference Talk)
- Information Architecture Essentials (IA Summit 2018 Pre-Conference Workshop)