IA Summit 2018 Pre-Conference WorkshopTopic(s): techniques and UX
Agile has gained traction within enterprise organizations as a way to deliver software
rapidly, but it was originally conceived as a process for developers – not for defining the user experience.
UX professionals – who may be accustomed to perfecting their ideas before sharing them – can benefit from engaging their core cross-functional team to ideate and create solutions.
In this workshop lean UX practices will be introduced as methods to engage the whole team in defining product features and generating solutions. Additionally, we will examine how user experience can better position itself within an agile enterprise.
What you’ll take back to work from this workshop:
– Understand how UX fits into the agile development process
– Why good communication is emphasized over documentation and creating deliverables
– Why creating a feature iteratively allows for refinement as well as the ability to pivot and change direction quickly
– How to define a design cadence that feeds the development backlog
– How to run a design studio with a core cross-functional team to generate ideas for features
– How to validate UX concepts by testing with customers before providing designs to development
About the speaker(s)
Sari Harris is Experience Design Manager at TD Ameritrade, where she leads the design and customer research for a new responsive trading platform. Previously, she has held positions at the College Board, Scholastic and the Economist.
Sari has a Masters of Information and Library Science from Pratt Institute. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, son and two cats.